Welcome :)

Hello friends!

Haley and mathematics are two words that were never meant to be together, or at least I thought. Now that I am becoming a teacher, it is time to put aside my negative attitude towards math, my fear of math, and my dislike towards math, and show it some love and patience. This blog will follow my journey into the world of mathematics and my attempts at understanding it. "Haley and Mathematics" are finally meant to be. In order to be the best teacher I can be, I need to master mathematics for grades 5-10 as I will one day be teaching it to my students. Through my mathematics course at Brock University Teacher's College, I hope to understand and appreciate math so I may educate others effectively. Math isn't so scary, and it's everywhere. Therefore it's about time I arrive at the math party, and I promise I'm here to stay. My Dad is going to be very pleased, as he has been teaching high school mathematics since before I was born, and it's time for his love of math to pass along to the next generation in our family (me!). This might be a bumpy road, but that's what this blog is for - collaborating, researching, and working hard to understand the wonderful world of mathematics. Feel free to comment and share your thoughts, ideas, strategies, and knowledge, about math, about learning, about education, OR just drop me a quick hello. AND please come back for future posts, and we can figure this math thing out together.


Comments

Popular Posts